November 27, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Puree

This fall I had lot of recipes I wanted to try out and many of them included pumpkin puree.  At $1.50 a can for 15 oz. I was thinking some of these recipes might have to wait until next year because I could not afford it, and then...it happened... I went into Kroger and they had pumpkins on sale for $0.25.  Yep, that's right; A QUARTER!!!  I bought one large pumpkin (and found out later that the medium size pumpkins are actually better for homemade puree).


 I cut up the pumpkin into slices and baked it for 25 minutes on 300 degrees.  Then I peeled the skin off it and chopped it into smaller pieces.

I plopped the pieces into my food processor and let it puree away.  I made 7 zip lock bags with 16oz in each one.  Not bad for a quarter!  I figured it out. I saved approximately $10.25. It tasted great to me (even if it was a large pumpkin) and while making a Thanksgiving dessert I used my last bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review