February 27, 2013

Fruit Pizza

Fruit pizza...one of my favorite desserts.  It is sweet and yet so refreshing.  It's a great spring time dessert because of all the amazing fruits that are in season then.  I was first introduced to it about 8 years ago at a birthday party.  Since then, I've used various different recipes (because there seems to be a ton) but my favorite so far  (in taste and appearance) is the one pictured here that Addi and I made into a rainbow for her letter r week lesson.

The base of the pizza is actually one large sugar cookie.  Anytime I make sugar cookies I use Sweet Sugar Bell's basic recipe.  For the fruit pizza I placed all the dough on a pizza tin and rolled it out into a perfect circle.  I baked it at 400 degrees for 12 minutes (but I would actually recommend pulling it out a minute or two earlier if you like it more soft).   For the "icing" I mixed an 8 oz. package of creme cheese with 2 Tbs of sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla.  I speed out the icing and then added fresh fruit.  Easy as pie. Ha ha ha...pun intended ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review